Conventions, Meetings & Conferences
THE AMERICAN LEGION FAMILY
2022 National Convention
In the Spirit of Service Not Self for Our Veterans, God and Country
The 2022 American Legion National Convention will be held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin during August 26 - September 1, 2022.
Alaska's Legion Family will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee, located at 333 West Kilbourn Avenue in Milwaukee. (All hotel reservations must go through The American Legion, Department of Alaska Headquarters.)
Click on the links below for detailed information and registration forms: (INFORMATION STILL BEING GATHERED - check back soon for updated info - if not highlighted yellow, the information is as currect as we have.)
- National Convention Registration & Information (to be mailed to The American Legion, Dept of AK NLT June 30, 2022)
- American Legion Auxiliary National Call to Convention
- General Information about the National Convention
- ALA Call to Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting - Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Summarized Schedule for Alaska ALA Members
- ALA Tentative Agenda for National Convention
- Exhibit Hall Hours & Information Booth
- Hotel Listings by Department
- Phoenix Airport Shuttle Options - (local ground transportation)
- Phoenix Hotel Map
- Scooter Rentals
- Shuttle Schedule
- Sons of The American Legion Anniversary Celebration - (Optional) - Saturday, August 27 at 2:00 - 5:30 pm Hilton Milwaukee, Crystal Ballroom
- Patriotic Memorial Service (Optional) - Sunday, August 28 at 11 am in the Wisconsin Center, Exhibit Halls A & B, 3rd floor
Parade Map - CANCELLED. See below for Sunday Legion Family event info and tickets to replace the parade.
- FODPAL Breakfast (Optional) - Monday, August 29 at 7 am Hilton Milwaukee, Juneau, 5th Floor
- Night At the Ballpark - American Legion Night at American Family Field - Monday, August 29 at 7:10 p.m. - Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers - Contact April Sinclair at email@example.com or (907) 830-0970 to reserve tickets by July 10, $24 per person.
- Public Spirit Award Luncheon (Optional) - Tuesday, August 30 at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $35.00 each. Contact Department Secretary Barb Nath at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your tickets and for details.
- National Commander's Banquet (Optional) - Tuesday, August 30 at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $53.00 each. Alaska has been allocated 9 tickets; first come, first served (those who pay with their hotel reservation fee). Info in National Convention Registration & Information (above)
- States Dinner (Optional) - Wednesday, August 31 at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $53.00 each. Contact Department Secretary Barb Nath at email@example.com to get your tickets and for details. More information to follow.
- The American Legion National Convention 2021 Mobile App. Download the app at: https://www.legion.org/convention
- Tentative Agenda – clickable link above.
- Pre-Convention Meetings - Once I have this all figured out, I will send a final schedule with who will attend each meeting. I’ll also give you the directions for signing in as our representative to the meeting.
- Constitution and ByLaws Pre-Convention Meeting will be on site on August 27th from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m. This is the time when any amendments will be explained. While no debate is allowed on merit, questions may be asked. We ask that you plan to attend.
- National Executive Committee meetings – there are two meetings. One on August 27th from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. The other will be on Thursday, September 1st starting at 8:30 a.m. Please feel free to sit in on these meetings.
- Division Caucuses will be held on Saturday, August 27th at 11:30 a.m. in the Hyatt Regency. All attendees are expected to attend the caucus meeting.
- Department Pages meeting – This will occur on Sunday, August 28th from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m Our two pages will need to attend this meeting.
- Department Executive Committee Meeting – There will be a DEC meeting while at Convention. Traditionally this has been on Sunday morning with reports on the Pre-Convention Committee meetings. We are looking at the possibility of Saturday afternoon/evening since there is so much going on for Sunday.
- Public Spirit Luncheon (Member of the Year) – This will be on Tuesday, August 30th. It begins at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are $35 for each person. Please let me know if you will be attending and send me a check for the luncheon. I will need to receive your payment by July 20th.
- States Dinner – This will be on Wednesday, August 31st. It begins at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $53 for each person. Please let me know if you will be attending and send me a check for the dinner. Again I will need to receive your payment by July 20th.
- Airport Transportation – There is no shuttle service from the airport. However you can use UBER, LYFT or Yellow Cab. I did check with the cab company, and it approximately $30 to the hotel. There is an additional charge of $2 for all individuals except for the first one. So for 4 people, there will be an additional $6 charge.
Community Outreach Project - There is a Community Outreach Project. It will be held on Friday, August 26th from 7:00 a.m. to Noon. A great time will be had by all at the National Convention in Wisconsin by working on the Ware Memorial Center for this year’s Community Outreach/Service Project. The attachment outlines information War Memorial Center and information about the four projects and details for each. Here is the link to the Wisconsin War Memorial Center if you want more information. Honor the Dead – Serve the Living - WWW.WARMEMORIALCENTER.ORG
- 100 Miles for Hope – They arealso asking the volunteers, if they would like, to tie in the 100 Miles For Hope (https://www.legion.org/100miles/getstarted) where they can bank mile(s) if they decide to walk to the project site. It’s .6 miles one way to the War Memorial Center. As you know, all proceeds of funding raised is to help our Veterans and Children Foundation. Sort of like “killing two birds……” If they are participating in both the Community Outreach/Service Project as well as the 100 Miles For Hope, they are asked to wear the t-shirt they obtained upon their registration. We will have two buses available for those that prefer to ride to the War Memorial. The deadline for volunteers to sign up is August 5, 2022. .
Future dates and locations for The American Legion "Family" National Convention