Conventions, Meetings & Workshops
2018 Department of Alaska
In the Spirit of Service Not Self for Our Veterans, God and Country
The 2018 Department of Alaska Fall Workshop will be held at
Susitna Valley Post 35 during October 20 & 21, 2018.
Agenda - (click to download)
Registration Form - With a $35 registration fee, the pre-registration deadline is October 1, 2018. If you are pre-registering, ensure that registration fees arrive at Department Headquarters NO LATER THAN October 1, 2018. Checks for the registration fee should be made out to Susitna Valley Post 35 and included with your registration form. However, you can register at the door, but the registration fee at the door will be $40. We welcome all Auxiliary members!
Department of Alaska Executive Committee Meeting & ALA Alaska Girls State Meeting Call - The Department of Alaska Fall Workshop and DEC Meeting are scheduled for October 20 – 21, 2018 at Susitna Valley Post 35 in Wasilla. The workshop will take place on Saturday, October 20th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:000 p.m. The DEC Meeting will be held on Sunday, October 21st beginning at 9:00 a.m. The ALA Girls State Meeting will be held on Saturday, October 20th immediately after the Fall Workshop is concluded.
The Juniors will be having their activities on Saturday, October 20th also. Please try to bring as many Junior Auxiliary members as you can to this meeting.
This will be our twelfth workshop and we would like to have a very good attendance. We know you will learn a lot from the Department Chairmen. The education of members is vital not only for officers and chairmen, but for all Auxiliary members. A greater understanding of the Auxiliary programs makes our members more likely to volunteer, participate in meetings and be leaders in the Auxiliary. We strive to educate our entire membership on every level to ensure the leadership continues to be the very best both now and in the future.
Breakfast and lunch will be included as part of your registration for Saturday. All other meals are on your own. There is a dinner on Friday evening if you are in town Friday. The Post/Unit will be serving breakfast on Sunday and you are welcome to partake for a minimal charge.
Meal Service is as follows:
- Friday, October 19th – Post 35 has a steak night on Friday evening. You are welcome to join them at your own cost. The meal is $20 per person.
- Saturday, October 20th – Breakfast and lunch are included in your registration fee. Meals will be provided by our great volunteers at the Post, Unit and Squadron.
- Breakfast – Eggs in a bag, biscuits and gravy, sausage, hash browns and fruit
- Lunch – Salad bar, seafood bisque or beef barley, toasted French bread, dessert.
- Saturday, October 20th – There is an evening meal for $15.00. It includes chicken cordon bleu, rice or parsley buttered red potatoes, corn on the cob, rolls, salad bar and desert.
- Since we are finished early on Sunday, October 21st, both breakfast and lunch will be on your own. Please note that the Post will have a breakfast beginning at about 10:00 for purchase.
I hope that this helps you with your planning at your next meeting and I also hope to see all of you at this year’s Fall Workshop and DEC Meetings. If you have any questions please email ALADofAK@hotmail.com or call (907) 227-8169.
If you have business that you would like to have put on the Department Executive Committee agenda, please be sure to notify the Department Secretary.