2018-2019 REPORT FORMS
Goodwill Ambassador Rules (.doc)
American Legion Auxiliary 2017-2018 Statistics
The American Legion Auxiliary is the world’s largest women’s patriotic service organization, not just based on our membership, but because of the collective impact we make actively serving our timeless mission! For nearly 100 years, our outreach programs have made a difference in neighborhoods across the country. And added together, our projected* volunteer service impact in just one year is worth $1.1 billion! The ALA statistics on this page present a snapshot of our collective mission outreach to veterans, the military, their families, and our communities.
We selflessly honor the service of our veterans and the valued principles for which they’ve fought by giving millions of hours of volunteer service and financial contributions to support our mission. According to the Independent Sector, a coalition of charities, foundations, and corporations that publishes research important to the non-profit sector, the 2018 estimated value of one hour of volunteer service is $24.69.
Total projected* volunteer hours: 12,243,327
Dollar value of members’ service, contributions, & fundraising: $1.1 billion
Veteran/Military Support & Advocacy
- Hours volunteered in service to veterans/military: 6,223,136
- Dollars spent in service to veterans: $698,666,617
- Veterans assisted: 3,005,482
- Dollars raised from poppy distribution to support veterans: $4,381,342
- Hours serving Legion Family youth activities: 1,374,739
- Number of ALA Girls State/ALA Girls Nation attendees: 15,599
- Dollars spent to benefit children: $102,093,261
- Total number of children served: 724,954
- Number of scholarships awarded: 4,055
- Hours volunteered for military families: 1,676,476
- Dollars spent for military families: $132,223,562
- Number of military families served: 356,266
Projected numbers estimated if all members reported for 12 months with 100 percent participation of members.