Notes from the Department Secretary
As you know, we are in the throes of getting ready for our Department Convention which is scheduled for April 23-25 at the Susitna Valley Post 35 in Wasilla.
EXCITEMENT IS RISING. – The 100th Anniversary of the American Legion Auxiliary is this year. We will have President Nicole Clapp at our Department Convention and will be celebrating this anniversary. Please come celebrate with us. There will be a cake at the reception on Wednesday evening at Susitna Valley Post 35 as well as other item throughout the three days
Please be aware of the following deadlines:
- March 31 – Auxiliary Delegate/Alternate Forms due to Auxiliary Headquarters (this is separate from the Registration form being send to the Post). PLEASE BE SURE JUNIOR MEMBRS ARE INCLUDED ON THIS FORM.
- March 31 – Payment of the Funds/Assessment fee of $30 – PLEASE BE SURE JUNIOR MEMBERS ARE INCLUDED ON THIS FORM.
- April 1 -- Registration Forms due to the Post
- April 1 – Ads for the Convention booklet due to Post 35
- To be brought to Convention --- Certification of Delegates AND Request for information regarding unit officers/positions
The Pre-Convention Auxiliary DEC meeting will also be held at Susitna Valley Post 35 on Wednesday, April 22nd at 7:30 p.m. Opening Ceremonies will be held at Susitna Valley Post 35 on Thursday at 9:00 a.m. All other Auxiliary meetings will be held at the Mat-Su Health Foundation at 777 N. Crusey Street, Wasilla.
ENDORSEMENT LETTERS – Don’t forget to have a Unit meeting and approve anyone whom you are endorsing for an office. Please send me a copy in advance, but bring the original with you to the Department Convention.